GIVING AND RECEIVING!

Get in touch with me on: INSTAGRAM @i_ameliot | TWITTER @I_AmEliot | GMAIL eliotwaokello557@gmail.com



 GIVING AND RECEIVING!

I launched a smile; far out it sailed


On life's wide troubled sea


And many more than I could count


Came sailing back to me


I clasped a hand while whispering


"The clouds will melt away."


I felt my life was very blessed


All through the hours that day


I sent a thought of happiness


Where it was needed sore


And very soon after, found joy adding to my store.


I wisely shared my slender hoard


Toil-earned coins of gold


But presently, it flowed right back.


Increased a hundred fold.


I helped another climb a hill, a little thing to do


And yet it brought a rich reward


A friendship that was new


I think each morning when I rise


Of how I may achieve.


I know by serving, I advance.


By GIVING I RECEIVE.

Comments